My training programme is complete, my Usain Bolt replica shirt is ironed and ready, and I’m raring to run the Windsor Half Marathon on Sunday.
I’m running to raise funds for Colel Chabad, Israel’s oldest charity. Would you like to sponsor me? Here’s five reasons why you might…
1) Colel Chabad operates 18 free soup kitchens, serving up over one million meals annually. Many of the diners are elderly Holocaust survivors who come as much out of their need of a warm smile and simple human contact, as they do for the food.
2) It is the only charity in Israel with an entire division dedicated to widows and their children. It provides food, clothing and social services to hundreds of widows and orphans every year.
3) Because I’ll love you if you sponsor me.*
4) A core part of the Colel Chabad mandate has always been to help the poor regardless of their age, gender or religious background, in a manner that upholds and enhances their dignity.
5) The charity also works with the Israel Defense Forces both in war and peace – distributing army surplus food, and serving as the rear echelon emergency food distribution system in Northern Israel.
All contributions are gratefully received by Colel Chabad and by me. You can sponsor me here.
* I love you anyway