Want to feel inspired, and full of confidence for the future of both the Israelis and the Palestinians?

Then watch this cool video about the work of MEET, presented by Amin Manna and Yuval Yogev. I wish them and MEET every success and energy. We can learn much from their example.

11 Responses to “Meet MEET”

1. F Callen says:

Good luck to them

2. sharna says:

wish i could high five Amin & Yuval. Love this.

3. Margi says:

God Bless them both and all the other youngsters involved, for looking beyond their nationalities!

4. Richard Hatlelid says:

This is a prayer answered. Much more to follow and all good.

5. Jamus says:

This is what I like to see

6. Naive says:

Yuval, Amin and his friends are about a couple dozen. They are piled against millions who sneer upon every “great value” these two naive youngsters described in the video. For each Amin, there are 100,000 muslim children who get taught day in, day out to hate and kill. Poor misguided Amin. Poor misguided Yuval. They don’t stand a chance.

Really? People would sneer upon them?

Poor misguided Amin. Poor misguided Yuval.

Ah yes. I see.

• zaba says:

Chas:
      Great blog; keep up the good work!

I too see this as an amazingly positive program, but also understand the sneering part. Amin’s friends didn’t sound too happy w/him and I’ll bet you a latke they didn’t use the word ‘Israelis’.

I’m quite sure you know this to be true. memri.org

On the other hand, under ‘about you’:
      I’m also disgusted by antisemitism in general, as I am by all bigotry from sexism to homophobia and Islamophobia.
      So maybe you don’t get it about islam? Why would fearing 1400 years of muzlim aggression be an unnatural fear, a phobia?

Another update you might consider:

I have many other passions and interests including: the life and career of cancer-survivor cyclist Lance Armstrong;
      Sincerely,
      Zaba

• F Callen says:

Have to say I winced when Amin made the comment about Yuval’s politics, with no acknowledgement that there might be unease in both directions.

Also, even though Israel is the only place in the Middle East where Jews and Arabs are free to truly coexist and, arguably, where Arabs have such enormous opportunities to develop themselves academically, I do wonder, if the chips were down, whether Amin would join Yuval to defend that oasis or not.