I ran the Windsor Half Marathon yesterday. I really enjoyed every moment of it. It was the first official event I’ve taken part in since I ran two full marathons in 2005 and 2006.

I chose to raise funds for The Amy Winehouse Foundation. This charity supports charitable activities that provide help, support or care for young people, especially those who are in need by reason of ill health, disability, financial disadvantage or addiction. I wrote more about Amy and the charity here, and if you wish to, you can still sponsor me here. Thank you to those who already have sponsored me.

As some of you have noticed, OyVaGoy has been offline for the last week or so, due to technical problems. In case of any repeats, you may like to follow me on Twitter. It would also be great if you could help spread the word that the blog is back online.

Meanwhile, here’s a photograph of me doing ‘The Bolt’ at the end of yesterday’s half marathon.

10 Responses to “Doing 'The Bolt'”

1. Tal H says:

Well done, Chas!
    I’m so proud of you! And I admire you to no end!
    I wish I could give a shoulder in the sponsorship, hopefully, I will soon be able to! May god bless you for your good deeds :) <3

Ah bless you, Tal.

I remember when we went to Amy’s house and you left such a nice message for her.

2. Joe O`lOughlin says:

HI

I`ve never felt the urge to contact an author before,however as I sit here in Brasil reading NIMN by your good self and Ms JB-well I was blown away by your skills as a wordsmith.
    It has been on my bookshelf for 19 months,and started dipping into it last night.I started on Israeli haters a few minutes ago,as I finished I headed straight on here to Google you.Well done and a superb expose of the lefts hypocrisy toward such a wonderful people and country.Keep up the good work and I will be reading as much of your stuff as I can,now thta I`ve discovered you.Great stuff.

3. Joe O`lOughlin says:

That should read O`Loughlin with a capital “L”

Thanks for writing, Joe. It’s very encouraging to hear that.

I’ve always wanted to go to Brazil!

5. cba says:

Congrats, Chas.

On another topic, I have some news that you may have heard already. I know you’ve taken an interest in the case of Majdi Halabi, the IDF soldier who went missing several years ago. Sadly, today it was confirmed that his remains have been found http://www.timesofisrael.com/forensics-confirms-missing-soldiers-remains/.

May he rest in peace, and may his family be comforted.

6. Fern says:

Proud of you Chas! I read your blogs alot, this is my first comment though. I have really enjoyed reading them! Keep them coming, and well done on running your half marathon!

7. testdomain says:

Nice read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch as I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch! “We have two ears and only one tongue in order that we may hear more and speak less.” by Laertius Diogenes.

8. [...] has been one of the few consistents in my life. I’ve run several 10Ks, a few 10-mile races, many half marathons and even two full [...]