Two sporting stories have made me chuckle today. First comes news that Mohammad Aliabadi, head of the National Olympic Committee in the Islamic Republic of Iran, has complained that the logo for the London 2012 Olympics is part of a Zionist plot. “The use of the word Zion by the designer of Olympics logo in the emblem of the Olympics Games 2012 is a very revolting act,” he said.

Here is the logo:

No sooner had I picked myself up off the floor from reading that report, than I read one of the funniest ever openings to a BBC Sport story: “Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti denied there is a disciplinary problem at the club after Ashley Cole accidentally shot a work placement student.”

It’s a funny old game…

13 Responses to “Literally LMAO!”

I’ve run two marathons. I’m handy over shorter distances too. If there ever is a Zionist Olympics Games, count me right in!

2. Ana says:

I’m not too good at sports, but I reckon I could eat for Britain (or Zion). Perhaps we should organize a Zionist Olympics and Oy Va Goy readers could compete against each other in various categories such as Israeli flag waving, shawarma eating etc :)

3. Ian says:

I’m getting 2 Z’s & 5 O’s but I can’t find either the I or the N – mayby You have to be an Islamic Fundamentalist to understand the reasoning behind this rubbish !

4. DTC says:

Of course, when the logo was first introduced there was an outcry in the UK due to the similarity of the Nazi SS Deathhead logo.

5. cityca says:

Funny that it’s taken them 4 years to discover the logo wasn’t to their taste.

I guess that when you know you can’t win, it’s a great idea to think of an excuse not to take part.

6. Philly says:

I note you are keeping quiet about Arsenal’s defeat on Sunday…….

7. Telling the Truth says:

Did you *literally* laugh your a*** off? I wouldn’t have thought that that was medically possible. Have you seen a doctor?

8. Well, Seb Coe is Jewish, isn’t he?

9. amie says:

Not only Zionists, but gay (pink) masonic zionists- see Harry’s Place post on this.

Chas, do you have a compilation of your tweets on the Promise, as mentioned on Richard’s blog? Could you put them up as a post here? I tried to comment there with this request but seem to have tech problems with posting comments there.

10. Steve Wenick says:

In case no one noticed, the Olympic’s logo was designed by a Palestinian Authority artist. Check out the PA signature on the upper left hand side of the logo’s box.